1. Is Edible Acres certified organic?
Yes, Edible Acres received their certification from ProCert in 2020.
2. What do you grow at Edible Acres?
Our list of what we grow is fairly lengthy. We grow over 30 types of vegetables, and over 80 varieties. We definitely have some of our favorite varieties, but enjoy trying new ones every year, searching for the next favorite. We love growing for flavor, and so therefore some of our produce doesn't look like your typical grocery store produce, but if you give it a try, your taste buds will love you. We also began bringing in some certified organic produce from Pfenning's Farm in 2020 to allow a more diversified selection (mainly in the winter months). All of Pfenning's products are also certified organic, and it will say in the description on the online shop that it was purchased from them.
3. What can we expect in our weekly CSA share?
You have the choice to make the basket what you would like, but the options will be what is available based on what's in season. In June and July, you can expect a large variety of greens, radishes, turnips, herbs then moving into peas, beans, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc.
We do suggest that you look at our online shop to see what other options we have available.
4. Is there a difference in picking up our basket from the farm vs. delivery?
The baskets will be put together for quick, easy, and contactless pick up (at no charge) versus a $5.00/week charge for front porch delivery. We also allow for a no charge pick up at the farmer's markets that we attend. At this time we can confirm Stratford (Saturday/Sunday) and St. Mary's (Saturday). All of these options are on the local line online shop and need to be chosen every week.
6. What happens if we are away one of the weeks we are scheduled to pick up our basket?
We know that most of you take advantage of our great summer weather to get away, therefore we have two options available to you:
1. Have a friend come and pick up your share
2. Receive no basket that week, and have an extended credit for farm items to be used before the end of the CSA season.
7. What is the amount we can use weekly?
The amount you choose to spend is totally up to you. The amount of the share that you purchased will be the amount that we add as a credit, we just ask that you spend it within the 18 weeks.
8. What if something comes up and I need to cancel my share?
We realize that life changes, and that we can not anticipate the future. If you need to cancel before May 1st, we will refund you 50% of the amount paid. Otherwise you have a couple of options; 1. use up the balance on items that will last (e.g., meat, cheese, root vegetables), or 2. donate the balance to a friend/neighbour.
9. What methods of payments do you except?
Cash, cheque, and/or email transfer to email@example.com (automatic deposit)