Now Accepting Resumes for
Organic Farm Hands
Ecological Farm Hand Job Description
Edible Acres is a farm located 10 minutes east of London. Here we grow a variety of organic produce as well as raise sheep, pigs, chickens, and bees.
We are currently hiring 2 positions, with summer hours being full time (May - September) and part-time hours available outside of these months.
• Plant, transplant, weed, harvest and process vegetables effectively in field and hoop houses
• log field activities
• take inventory
• use tools safely and assist with maintenance of tools, equipment and structures
• contribute to farm events, farmers markets, and social media platforms
• Should have some knowledge or interest in gardening, local food or ecological farming
• Physically fit
• Outstanding work ethic, good attitude, reliable and trustworthy
• Able to work as a team member or independently
• Fast learner and fast-paced worker
• hold a valid G class drivers license – No public transportation to our farm
What to Expect:
• Heavy lifting (up to 30lbs)
• Working in all kinds of weather including heat, rain, cold, etc.
• Tedious work (e.g., Weeding for 4 hours- although avoided if possible but sometimes necessary)
• Access to lots of fresh vegetables
• A great understanding of growing produce and running a homestead
• Working 40 hours per week
Rate of pay is $15.50/hour plus vegetables.
If interested, please send your resume to, email@example.com